Kindergarten Field Trip to Brookdale Farms
Lifetouch Make-up Day
No School/Staff Day
K - Family Fun Reading Day - 8:15
1st Grade Family Fun Reading Day - 8:45
Veteran's Day - No School
3rd Grade Family Fun Reading Day-10:30
2nd Grade Family Fun Reading Day-12:30
4th Grade Family Fun Reading Day-9:40
5th Grade Family Fun Reading Day-1:20
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Field Trip to the Sandler Center
||Healthy Brain Tips
1. Get enough sleep. Your brain needs rest for you to learn.
2. Make healthy food choices as often as you can...fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, salads, protein like yogurt, and whole grain carbohydrates like muffins. Your brain and body need good food for fuel.
3. Drink water. Your brain needs water for you to learn.
4. Move your body. Exercise, dance, run, ride your bike, swim. Your brain needs oxygen for you to learn.
5. Give your brain a workout. Try new things. Solve another puzzle. Tackle a tough problem. Read a different book. learn new words. Your brain likes new things and likes to work to solve something.
6. Play, sing, or listen to music. Music makes you feel good. Feeling good helps you learn. Your brain likes to be stress-free.
7. Remember that you change your brain every day by working hard to learn. As you work, your brain builds better pathways, or roads, for learning. The more you PRACTICE something the EASIER it becomes to do.
A Note For Parents About
Kids and Sleep
Sleepy students can be irritable, unable to focus, and unsuccessful in school. Check out this website for some excellent parenting information and some fun activities to help you talk to your child about this important part of growing up strong and smart.